The 99 Club
The 99 Club is an award winning comedy club, working with some of the finest comedians in the country and managing a busy programme of daily comedy shows in a number of West End locations. The 99 Club has been awarded Best London Comedy Club at the Chortle Awards for the last 8 years and the Best UK Club 2015. We work with a large pool of extremely talented national and international comedians, who regularly appear on TV shows such as Live At The Apollo, Mock The Week, Russell Howard’s Good News, Never Mind The Buzzcocks and Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow. We host up to 14 shows a week at multiple West End venues, catering for both public and private events. Our venues are located in Leicester Square and Covent Garden. We pride ourselves on the quality of the comedy acts, the excellent customer service, the successful partnerships with venues and we welcome over 75,000 audience members per year.
We have a small core team, working on a busy programme of over 10+ shows per week, as well as on Christmas parties, private shows and one-off corporate events. The team meets regularly (2 days a week) at the company’s offices in Tottenham Court Road but the majority of the work is done from home. Please note that the post involves regular evening and weekend work.
We are looking to hire a competent Production Coordinator, who can join us from mid-May 2018. The main purpose of the role is assisting with all administrative aspects of coordinating the 99 Club shows, providing excellent customer service to audiences over the phone and via email, as well as liaising with comedians, freelance members of staff and venues, and running the Friday and/or Saturday shows in 99 Club Leicester Square.
The Work Schedule
Please note that about 50% of the work is delivered from home. An average working week is around 40 hours within our opening times Monday – Sunday, 10am to 10.30pm. The Production Coordinator will be required to work on a flexible schedule, including 2 regular shifts from 10am and 6pm and 2 long shifts from 10am to 10.30pm per week.
The workload increases significantly between 1st and 20th December, which is the company’s busiest period. Holidays cannot be booked between these dates or in August.
This role is suitable for a recent arts graduate with good administrative and show management experience.
Administration (60% of overall duties)
- Coordinating The 99 Club daily comedy shows and special events, through a range of administrative tasks
- Assisting with updating the show accounts, petty cash and BACS payments spreadsheets, ensuring all data is entered correctly
- Assisting with setting up tickets on the company’s ticketing system (Spektrix) and promoters’ websites, managing tickets distribution, allocation and sales
- Assisting with setting up gift vouchers for The 99 Club’s shows and assisting customers with bookings, transfers and cancellations
- Creating show callovers including information about the guest lists, ticket types and packages sold and any relevant show notes
- Confirming acts and freelance members of staff for each show
- Gathering show and customer data on a daily basis and updating show reports and documentation
- Sending food bookings lists to partner restaurants
Customer Liaison and Reservations Line (15% of overall duties)
- Providing high level of customer service and responding to all general enquiries in a timely manner
- Answering phone calls on the Res Line and emails, being helpful and attentive to ensure positive communication with customers, artists, agents and contacts.
- Assisting with evening Res Line shifts (similar to operating a Box Office)
- Responding to customer enquiries, feedback emails, customer reviews and complaints
Show Management (15% of overall duties)
- Attending and managing 1 show a week on a Friday or Saturday night at 99 Club Leicester Square (Ruby Blue Nightclub)
- Managing 2-3 shows a week in various West End locations between 1st and 20th December 2018
- Ensuring the shows run smoothly and on time
- Confirming acts and ensuring comedians arrive in the venue and are on stage according to the event schedule
- Acting as first point of contact during the show
- Answering customers enquiries and solving any problems or customers complaints
- Managing occasional private or corporate bookings, including Christmas shows.
- Providing excellent customer service over the phone, via email and in person
- Maintaining relationships with third parties (restaurants, events companies, catering companies etc.)
- Ensuring equipment and supplies are stocked at venues
Marketing (5% of overall duties)
- Maintaining and updating the website on a daily basis
- Creating content for the company’s website and social media channels
- Compiling bi-weekly e-newsletters
- Assisting with writing sales letters, press releases and special offers
- Ensuring effective use of e-marketing, working closely with the team to increase the number of email addresses held
- Helping to manage the daily marketing and social media strategies and updates on Twitter and Facebook as well as on Apps such as Fever
Freelance Staff Management (5% of overall duties)
- Assisting with the management of the freelance Stage Managers and Promotions Teams in collaboration with the General Manager
- Ensuring staff is highly motivated and performing their job with maximum efficiency
- Assisting with staff’s rotas, recruitment and training days
- Excellent administrative skills
- Educated to a degree level
- Customer service experience is essential
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small team and from different locations, as well as from home
- Ability to deliver results in a timely manner, adhering to tight deadlines and often reacting to last minute changes
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task across several projects and urgent tasks
- Ability to work flexible shifts and be adaptable to new challenges
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- A good understanding of social media for business purposes
- Experience in updating websites and drafting mailouts
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Photoshop/Illustrator
- Basic technical skills: operating sound and lights
- An interest in comedy
- 1-year experience in Arts Administration
- Experience in basic book-keeping
- Stage management or box office experience
- A creative thinker with a good sense of humour
CONTRACT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Type of Contract: Full-time, permanent
Reporting to: General Manager
Probationary Period: 3 months
Hours: 40 hours a week including 2 evenings on the company’s Reservation Line or at the show
Salary: Circa 20K subject to experience
Holiday Entitlement: 20 days
Applications deadline: Wednesday 9th May, 6pm. Interview date: Tuesday, 15th May 2018. To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
The successful applicant must be able to start mid-May or beginning of June 2018. Only successful applicants will be contacted.