We are looking for a Team Leader who can support our freelance Stage Managers and Promotions Team and run gigs at our Covent Garden venue.
This post is a key addition to the 99 Club, ensuring the smooth running and on-going improvement of its growing programme of shows. The Team Leader must ensure that all our venues are safe and welcoming places for visitors, comedians and staff members.
- To supervise and maintain contact with all 99 Club freelance Stage Managers and Promotions Team
- To make sure freelance staff are motivated and performing their jobs to a highest standard
- To report show details to the Management Team
- To ensure that rooms are set up adequately depending on the number of people attending the show
- To deal with any reasonable technical requirements e.g. setting up stage lights and PAs.
- To print the callovers, vouchers, accounts sheet & behavior bond forms and make sure they are stocked at all times
- To make sure that doors open on time
- To oversee the box office and make sure that box office is open from 7pm and tickets are sold for all 99 Club venues
- To coordinate the promotions team & make sure they are effectively selling tickets for the shows
- To count float and petty cash
- To sell tickets and manage ticket lists for all events
- To oversee the cash door sales and make sure they are accounted correctly
- To welcome, direct and help all audience members and act as the first port of contact for face to face enquiries. To direct enquiries to the Management Team when necessary.
- To be responsible for overall customer service and deal with any customer queries/complaints
- To ensure that adequate and up to date signage and promotional materials relating to the 99 Club shows are displayed neatly and visibly (i.e safety notices, flyers, posters etc).
- To ensure that the comedians area is clean and tidy and stocked with water
- To ensure that all Health and Safety, Fire Safety requirements are maintained in all 99 Club venues.
- To check all fire escape routes are clear and free from obstructions and to keep records confirming this as part of the fire risk assessment.
- To produce an End of Day Report including visitor numbers, performer comments, audience reaction, customer comments, maintenance issues.
- To identify and report to the Management team any maintenance work that needs attention.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a front of house role, preferably within an arts venue
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think quickly, respond calmly and effectively whilst working under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and take the initiative
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to handle basic box office finance
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to lead a team of freelance staff
- A strong work ethic
- Experience within the comedy sector
- Experience of liaising with a wide range of customers
- Cash handling
CONTRACT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Type of Contract: Freelance
Reporting to: General Manager
Hours: Fridays & Saturdays, 6-10.45pm
Fee: £110 p/w
We are looking for the right person to start in August. If you are interested in the job please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected].
Deadline for applications is 20th July.
Interviews are scheduled for 26th July.
Promotions Team Member
Are you enthusiastic and outgoing? The 99 Club is an award winning comedy club and we are looking for friendly, motivated and confident people to join our Promotions team.
Your main duties will be selling our shows to the general public, engaging them in conversation while distributing flyers. You will be dealing with the public each day, so you must have excellent spoken English.
Shifts are available every evening of the week, but we are particularly looking for people who can work on Fridays and Saturdays. Opportunities are currently available in Central London.
You also get free entry to all of our comedy clubs – you’ll find this is a pleasant and friendly team and a great way to earn extra cash and have fun.
Please email your CV to [email protected] including a paragraph about why you think you’re right for the job.