Frequently Asked Questions about Our London Comedy Clubs
Can you take payment over the phone?
- No. I am afraid we don't have the facilities to take payment over the phone. You can book all the comedy tickets online through lastminute.com or wegottickets.com. We can only book vouchers, social living vouchers, mailout or raffle winners over the phone.
Can I buy tickets on the door?
- We always advice customers to book online rather than paying on the door, because tickets are always subject to availability and you will receive an online discount when booking online. We can never guarantee that tickets will be available on the nights, especially for large groups and on Fridays and Saturdays.
Can I reserve tickets and pay on the door?
- I'm afraid we don't take any unpaid reservations for any group over the size of 4. You can book right up until the show starts online.
What does 'unreserved' seating mean?
- When you book a seated ticket at any of The 99 Club venues you are guaranteed a seat (provided you are there to collect it by the start of the show!) It is called 'unreserved seating' as you decide in the venue where you want to sit when you get there (as opposed to picking out a specific seat in advance).
What does 'reserved' seating mean?
- When you book a reserved seated ticket we are able to guarantee all te seats in your booking will be together and these seats are held for you until the start of the show. We are not able to offer a seating plan as the room can be laid out in different ways and it depends on the evening but we do offer to seat customers in the best available seats depending on the size of their group.
Is there a dress code?
- There is no dress code for the comedy, but there is a no caps or sportswear dress code for the nightclub.
Can I buy food & drink during the show?
- All of our clubs have a bar either in the venue or downstairs from it. Food is available at some of our venues. Sitdown meals and bar snacks are available at our Saturday night show in Islington & Leicester Square View. Our other Leicester Square venue is only moments away from a wide selection of restaruants. There is always at least one interval in the show for you to buy more drinks.
Can I bring my small children to the show?
- Unfortunately not. Our acts may deal with challenging, edgy or "rude" themes and as our clubs typically take place on licensed premises, they are only suitable for persons over the age of 18. If you want to introduce your children to the world of standup we recommend the excellent James Campbell's Comedy for Kids.
Can I get a refund on my ticket as I can no longer attend?
- Unfortunately we do not give refunds or exchanges on tickets once purchased. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Do you accept large bookings?
- We do accept large bookings, but please do give us a call before you book so we can advice you on the most suitable venue for your party. With all groups of 10 and over (or smaller groups at the management's discretion) will need to sign a behaviour bond and pay a £40 deposit, which will be refunded at the end of the night as long as the terms and conditions of the bond are followed
We have booked as a group, will we get to sit together?
- We aim to ensure groups get to sit together, in this case we do allocate seating when possible. However we do ask you to arrive 25 minutes prior to the show to claim these seats.
We have all booked seperately, can we still be seated together as a group?
- We will always aim to ensure you can be seated together as a group. All you have to do is drop us an email : firstname.lastname@example.org - with the names and booking reference numbers of the people in your group and we will do our best to seat you together.
I have booked a meal at the restaurant at one of your venues, what time do I need to arrive and do you need a pre-order?
- If you have booked in for Leicester Square you must arrive at 6pm. If you wish to arrange another seating time please do so by calling 07760488119. If your bookings is for more than 8 people a member of our team will contact you to take a pre-order so please do leave a contact telephone number and email address. If you haven't heard from us before the day of the meal please give us a call.
- If you have booked for our Covent Garden venue you must arrive between 6-6.30pm.
- If you have booked in for Arc Bar, Islington you can arrive around 7.15, but if you are going to be late you can enjoy the pizza buffet in the first interval.
- If you have any dietary needs please let the restaurant know in advance.
Can I bring my stag night to your venue?
- Not all of our venues are suitable for Stag Nights so please contact us and we will advise you on which is the best venue for your group. The 99 Club is not a suitable environment rowdy groups. We do allow hen parties who are looking for an enjoyable and alternative evening out. However, regardless of your reason for celebrating we do ask all of our audience members to respect those around them and the acts by not chatting whilst the show is on. If you are looking for somewhere a bit more raucous, contact us and we will be happy to recommend london comedy clubs run by other organisations.
What kind of comedy is it?
Is the 99 Club a good place for a date?
- We aim to present smart, exciting and above all, hilarious alternative stand up comedy. Whilst few of the comics you will see are household names yet, many are award winners and most have the odd TV and radio credit to their name.
Am I supposed to heckle during the show?
- No. One of the joys of stand up comedy is that it is a live experience and a touch of friendly banter can be fun, but repeatedly shouting out sours the atmosphere and prevents people from hearing the jokes they've paid to hear. We also require group bookings (all groups of 10 people and over & individuals/smaller groups at the discretion of our show runners) to sign a behaviour bond and leave a £40 deposit, which we will return at the end of the show provided the group has not caused an unreasonable disturbance.
Will I be picked on if I'm sat near the front?
- No. Again, a touch of friendly banter can be fun, but we don't book the kind of acts who just pick on people who've paid good money to have a great night out. All the acts at our comedy clubs have reams of hilarious material at their disposal.
Will the show finish in time for me to get my train home?
- All our venues are in locations convenient for the London Underground. Every show finishes before 11pm, with the exception of our late show in Oxford Circus which ends at 11.15pm. For more information on show finish times please refer to the individual venue pages.
What are public transport links like?
- All our venues are near major London public transport hubs. All are less than five minutes walk from the nearest London Underground station and well served by multiple bus routes. Our Islington and Leicester Square clubs are both walking distance from major train stations. See individual venue pages for more info.
Where is the nearest parking space?
- A list of central London car parks be found through this link. The National Car Park St Martin's Lane is just a few minutes walk to our Leicester Square venues. For Islington there is parking available in the N1 centre car park just a few minutes walk to the venue, or on nearby residential streets. However, we strongly recommend using public transport over driving in London. All our venues are located nearby major transport hubs.
I didn't come to the show yesterday as I had to work late - can I get a refund on my tickets?
- Unfortunately we do not refund or exchange tickets once purchased. There are no exceptions to this rule.
What is the Mailing List?
- We collect email addresses at every gig for our mailing list, and then send out a weekly round up of our gigs and special offers. If you are on the mailing list you also have the chance of winning free tickets to our shows every week. Email us to be added to the list. We will never pass your details on to third parties.
How can I get comedy at my venue / special event?
- The 99 Club offers a gig booking and organisation service. If you would like to book regular comedy for your venue or for a one-off special event, email us with your details and requirements and we will get back to you with some suggested packages and check out our dedicated website www.bookcomedy.com
Can I get a gig at the 99 Club?
- All of our acts are carefully selected, so we do not offer open spots to acts we haven't seen. If you are wanting a gig, email us your gig list and a brief CV and we will try to get to see you soon.
Where can I stay in London?
- Here are some hotels near the West End and North London
Why is The 99 Club different?
- We believe comedy clubs should be friendly and fun and that performers should be exciting, innovative and above all hilariously funny. This differentiates us fairly dramatically from the other major comedy clubs which focus their marketing and their comedians mainly on the lucrative stag and hen market.
What Are Your Company Details?
- The 99 Club Limited, registered in England And Wales, Company Number 7504199, Registered Office 27 Dickins Way, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 6BQ
How do I get my tickets?
- Your e-ticket is your confirmation email you receive immediately upon payment. If for some reason you have not received a confirmation email, please phone our team on 07760488119.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
Who are you?
- The 99 Club was founded by James Woroniecki and became a limited company in March 2011. Our company number is 7504199. For more information about The 99 Club comedy nights please call us on 07760488119