Permanent Role, Full-time
About The 99 Club
The 99 Club is an award winning comedy club, working with some of the finest comedians in the country and managing a busy programme of daily comedy shows in a number of West End locations. The 99 Club has been awarded Best London Comedy Club at the Chortle Awards for the last six years and the Best UK Club 2015. We work with a large pool of extremely talented national and international comedians, who regularly appear on TV shows such as Live At The Apollo, Mock The Week, Russell Howard’s Good News, Never Mind The Buzzcocks and Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow. We host 10-15 shows a week at multiple central London locations, catering for both public and private events. Our venues are located in Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Soho and Piccadilly Circus. We pride ourselves on the quality of the comedy acts, the excellent customer service, the successful partnerships with venues and we welcome over 40,000 audience members per year.
We have a small core team, working on a busy programme of over 10 shows per week, as well as on Christmas parties, private bookings and one-off gigs. The team meets regularly (1 day a week) at the National Theatre but the majority of the work is done from home.
We are now expanding and looking to hire an enthusiastic Assistant Producer, who can join us in the busiest period for the company. The main purpose of the role is assisting with all administrative aspects of coordinating The 99 Club shows, providing excellent customer service and support to the core team, hitting sales targets as well as liaising with performers, freelance staff and venues.
The Work Schedule
Please note that the majority of the work is done from home. An average working week is around 40-45 hours within our opening times Monday – Sunday, 10am to 10.30pm. The Assistant Producer will be required to work on a flexible schedule, including working on weekends and covering 3 evening shifts per week on the company’s Reservations Line or at the show in Leicester Square. He/she will have every third weekend off.
The workload increases significantly between 1st and 20th December, which is the company’s busiest period. No holidays can be taken between these dates or in August (due to the Edinburgh Fringe).
This role is suitable for a recent arts graduate with some administrative/show management experience.
General and Administrative Duties
· Ensuring the business meets its commercial goals, continues to provide high level of customer service & excellent environment for performers and staff
· Continuously co-producing The 99 Club daily comedy shows and Christmas events, through a range of administrative tasks
· Assisting with updating the show accounts, petty cash and BACS payments spreadsheets, ensuring all data is entered correctly
· Assisting with setting up tickets on We Got Tickets, managing tickets distribution, allocation and sales
· Assisting with setting up gift vouchers for The 99 Club’s shows and assisting customers with bookings, transfers and cancellations
· Creating show callovers including information about the guest list, ticket types and packages sold and any relevant show notes
· Confirming acts and freelance stage managers / promotions team for each show
· Gathering show and customer data on a daily basis and updating show reports and documentation
· Sending food bookings lists to partner restaurants
· Maintaining and updating the website on a daily basis
· Creating content for the company’s website and social media networks
· Compiling bi-weekly e-newsletters
· Assisting with writing sales letters, press releases and special offers
· Ensuring effective use of e-marketing, working closely with the team to increase the number of email addresses held
· Helping to manage the daily marketing and social media strategies and updates on Twitter and Facebook as well as on Apps such as YPlan and Fever
· Attending and managing 1 show a week on a Friday or Saturday night at 99 Club Leicester Square (Storm Nightclub)
· Managing 2-3 shows a week in various West End locations between 1st and 20th December 2016
· Ensuring the shows run smoothly and on time
· Confirming acts and ensuring comedians arrive in the venue and are on stage according to the event schedule
· Acting as first point of contact during the show
· Answering customers enquiries and solving any problems or customers complaints
· Managing occasional private or corporate bookings, including The 99 Club Christmas shows.
· Providing excellent customer service
Freelance Staff Management
· Assisting with the management of the freelance Stage Managers and Promotions Teams in collaboration with the Producer and General Manager
· Ensuring staff is highly motivated and performing their job with maximum efficiency
· Drafting staff’s rotas and acting as Line Manager for the Promotions team who hand out flyers for The 99 Club shows both in London and in Edinburgh
· Organising training sessions
Customer Liaison and Reservations Line
· Providing high level of customer service and responding to all general enquiries in a timely manner
· Answering phone calls on the Res Line and emails, being helpful and attentive to ensure positive communication with customers, artists, agents and contacts.
· Assisting with evening Res Line shifts (till 10.30pm)
· Responding to customer enquiries, feedback emails, customer reviews and complaints
· Maintaining relationships with third parties (restaurants, events companies, catering companies etc.)
· Ensuring equipment and supplies are stocked at venues
· Educated to a degree level
· Excellent administrative skills
· Experience in basic book-keeping
· A good understanding of social media for business purposes
· Experience in updating websites
· Knowledge of producing shows
· Customer service experience is essential
· Ability to work collaboratively in a small team and from different locations as well as from home
· Excellent oral and written communication, time-management and presentation skills
· Ability to deliver results in a timely manner, adhering to tight deadlines and often reacting to last minute changes
· Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task across several projects and urgent tasks
· Ability to work flexible shifts and be adaptable to new challenges
· Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
· Good problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
· Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Photoshop
· An interest in comedy
· An year professional employment in Arts Management
· Stage management or box office experience
· A creative thinker with a good sense of humour
· Experience of producing your own shows
· Experience of working in start ups / small teams and from distance
CONTRACT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Type of Contract: Permanent, full-time
Reporting to: General Manager
Probationary Period: 2 months
Hours: 40-45 hours a week including 3 evenings on the company’s Reservation Line or at the show
Salary: 20K with an opportunity for increase after 1 year, based on performance
Holiday Entitlement: 5 weeks (plus 3 Bank Holidays around Christmas and New Year’s Eve)
Please send your CV and Cover Letter, indicating how you would fulfil the requirements of the Job Description and Person Specification by email to:
Anastasiya Trayanova (General Manager)
Deadline for applications is Thursday 30th June 2016. However, we will be interviewing successful applicants throughout June – if you think you are suitable for the role, we would encourage you to apply ASAP.
We regret to inform that we are unable to provide individual feedback due to the high volume of applications we are anticipating to receive.
Thank you for your interest in The 99 Club.